Friday, November 19, 2010

"MASHUP WITH FACEBOOK"

After my recent upset with Jimmy Kimmel and "National Unfriend Day" (which by the way, he didn't unfriend anyone, he actually got more friends, HAH - go figure) ... nice media ploy on his part. The recent news between Facebook and MySpace made me sigh with relief, because most of the people that i know, including myself, want to have friends and guess what ? MySpace and Facebook are now "friends"! That is music to my ears (excuse the pun). I left MySpace years ago, but they were, in fact, the first social network that i joined. MySpace led me to my current career as a Social Media expert ... so how could i really "unfriend" them: it wouldn't be fair. So, thank you MySpace for the gift that you gave me, as well as your humility to befriend your competitor Facebook.
I am so proud to announce that MySpace and Facebook now "like" each other! Both social platforms were smart enough to stop the competition for best networking site and focus on what they do best. MySpace is a fantastic social media site for bands and entertainers. Facebook is the most popular social platform for friends and business contacts. The two giants have now accepted that the world needs both of their services and have bonded together to form a partnership; where each site helps one another. I don't like this new collaboration between the two once competitors, i "love" it.

No comments: