Friday, November 5, 2010

FRIENDING OUT OF CONTROL ON FACEBOOK?

WOW - i was completely blown away by this skit that Jimmy Kimmel did, declaring 11/17/10 as " National Unfriend Day" !!! It made me so angry that i wrote an email to him personally; regarding my feelings about this, and so far i haven't gotten a response.(POST:!2/7 - still no response)
YET ....
So,
I would like to share with you the video and a bit of what i wrote to him:
Jimmy - Your skit isn't funny - it's mean. People need people to make themselves feel a "part of" and it isn't nice to make fun of that.
I think you've crossed the line and do not deserve over the 40,000+ friends you have on Facebook. Where is your humility? Don't you appreciate the fact that so many people love you and want to hear about what you have to say on Facebook ? I will post to all of my 2,000+ friends that i have personally and professionally connected to Facebook that on "National Unfriend Day", they should delete you. I don't have many friends that like you, but atleast i might be able to convince the ones who do, that you really don't care about them at all. You have stated pretty clearly that you do not respect any person who wants to be your friend that you personally don't know ... correct? It's clear that you don't "like" your fans unless they hang out with you and talk to you on the phone, etc ... am i right? I wouldn't be surprised if you have already lost friends because of this skit Jimmy. Facebook is a wonderful place to get to know other people that you may never gotten a chance to know otherwise. I love Facebook and i thank Mark Zuckerberg for creating such a fantastic platform on the internet to stay in touch with your friends and make new friends. I am grateful for each and every one of my personal and professional friends who follow me and "like" my business pages. One of facebooks advantages is that we can help each other as human beings, feel a "part of". If i were as famous as you are Jimmy i would declare a national day too! My day would be " National Gratitude Day". So, when you start losing fans Jimmy ... i have an awesome site i found out about recently that helps you gain more followers on Facebook and Twitter and it's called Twiends , so bookmark the link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you!!!