Monday, November 29, 2010

LETS GET SOCIAL PART 1

When a customer approaches me to help them with their social media marketing plan, one of the first things i ask them is, "are you social" ? By social, i mean - do they enjoy talking to people, sharing information, accumulating friends and getting close to them. I also ask my clients if they enjoy reading and writing. Most clients will say yes to that question and then choose an independent package. My independent package consists of an initial consultation on how one can utilize social media platforms to reach their specific marketing objectives.

Just as in any good relationship, it takes a lot of effort and time in order to reap the rewards of a social media marketing plan. Most of my customers are very willing to open up accounts on their chosen social networking platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook and popular blog sites, etc. I advise them to continue "socializing" everyday or a couple of times a day. If a client is going to have a difficult time keeping up a steady momentum of tweets, posting and blogging, they may benefit from a more dependent package, so that i can do most of the work for them.

Social media platforms depend upon those who have the ability to "be social". Being a social media expert i possess these qualities. If a client is being truthful enough about their own social abilities or inabilities, it makes my job a lot easier. I will then recommend that they allow me to choose the right package for them, the one that best suits their personality. 


 

No comments: